Written by Emily Johnson | Dec 17, 2015
B2B eCommerce growth is accelerating—and for good reason. In the past, B2B organizations have relied on large sales teams, well-staffed call centers and thick print catalogs. But as B2B buyers’ preferences change and their propensity to shop online grows, B2B organizations have shifted their strategies. In our upcoming, complimentary webinar on January 14, 2016, guest speakers from Forrester Research, Ecolab and Internet Retailer will join CloudCraze to educate attendees about CRM-based eCommerce on Salesforce.
While B2B organizations are beginning to recognize the importance of a cohesive, high-quality eCommerce experience, many are failing to meet buyers needs and realize the full potential of eCommerce. One reason for this is an overreliance on cumbersome, legacy eCommerce platforms that sit on your ERP system. While these ERP-based eCommerce systems have long dominated the market, new advances in technology and the rise of sophisticated CRM platforms like Salesforce have paved the way for a new era of eCommerce.
In this webinar, attendees will learn the facts about eCommerce on Salesforce and how Ecolab implemented a successful eCommerce presence on Salesforce. Ahead of the webinar, here are five surprising facts about implementing eCommerce on Salesforce:
- Gain a 360-view of Customers: With Salesforce eCommerce, customer and eCommerce data are automatically integrated into your CRM. Since customer and transaction information resides in one database, companies can leverage a 360-view of customers for cross selling, upselling and customer service opportunities.
- Give Marketers and Sales the Keys: On-premise eCommerce solutions that are based on your ERP systems are difficult to manage and often require specialized training and support from IT. With Salesforce eCommerce, marketers, sales reps and merchandisers can easily make updates and personalize the customer experience without technical support.
- Launch Quickly and Make Changes on the Fly: A cloud-based eCommerce platform on Salesforce is agile, allowing you to quickly understand what your customer wants and make changes, without requiring months of reconfiguring for new features and functionality that is all too common on ERP-based eCommerce systems.
- Break Down Data Silos: By launching eCommerce natively on the Salesforce platform, companies have access to CRM and eCommerce tools and functionality in one place—everything from security to workflow to user data. This eliminates the need to spend time and money duplicating customer data or building a new connection between your ERP-based eCommerce system and CRM database.
- Streamline Order Processing: eCommerce on Salesforce is mobile ready and allows you to scale easily for growth. This can speed up order processing time by 50 percent, reduce order processing costs by 80 percent and increase order compliance and accuracy by 300 percent. With easier order processing, average order size often increases as well.
With Salesforce eCommerce in the cloud, companies can avoid the costly and time-consuming requirements of setting up legacy on-premise eCommerce.
Learn more in our recent webinar with Forrester Research, Ecolab and Internet Retailer: www.cloudcraze.com/webinar-recording-request-ecommerce-on-salesforce-the-facts/